How to Apply for ISBN
In accordance with International ISBN Agency regulations, " Publishers should apply to their national ISBN Agency. So, if you are a publisher located in Taiwan, you would apply to the national ISBN Agency of Taiwan.
The applicant should submit a complete ISBN data sheet and include a clear copy of the typeset title page, copyright page, table of content, and preface or a portion of the main text. Other media forms must include a copy of the publication label.
When completed, fax or mail to ISBN Center.
The applicant should bring his/her passport or residence ID or permit and submit the application in person to the ISBN Center.
ISBNs are applicable to:
- Printed books and pamphlets
- Atlases and maps
- Braille publications
- Audio books on cassette, or CD, or DVD (talking books)
- Microform publications
- Mixed media publications
- Electronic publications
ISBNs are not applicable to:
- Newspapers and magazines
- Serial publications
- Diaries and calendars
- Advertising matters
- Art folders without title page and text
- Music sound recordings
- Greetings cards
- Personal documents (such as curriculum vitae or personal profile)
- Software that is intended for any purpose other than educational or instructional
- Electronic bulletin boards
- Updating websites
- E-mails and other digital correspondence
No application fee is required.